To simplify certification renewals and application activations, Rhythm offers the ability to automate this process with recurring billing runs. Using a recurring billing run is a great option when:
- You want to automatically generate renewal reminders or drop expired certifications
- You want to activate approved applications in bulk
- You want Rhythm to do more of the heavy lifting for you 💪
Creating a Recurring Billing Run
- Access the Certifications application and navigate to the Setup tab
- Navigate to the Billing dropdown and select Recurring Runs
- Select Create Recurring Billing Run
Enter Recurring Run Basic Information
- A name for the recurring billing run
- ID will autofill based on name, but can be adjusted as necessary and must be unique
- Select the billing template this recurring run will use
Enter Pre-Processing Lead Time
In the next step, we ask you to set a pre-processing lead time. That's the number of days before the billing run is pre-processed so that your staff has the chance to preview the results and adjust anything as necessary before executing the run.
Helpful Hint: If you're like many other association staffers, you're probably busy wearing multiple hats. Best to give yourself a few days to review and approve the billing run to ensure it's executed on time!
Configure Your Billing Run Schedule
From here, you can determine the timing and frequency of your recurring billing run. How you fill this out is entirely dependent on how often your organization conducts the given process. You can choose:
- Frequency: yearly, monthly, weekly, or daily
- Day or date: day of the week or specific date within a month
- Time: the specific time you'd like the billing run to execute
If you need to process billing runs on a more complex schedule, you can choose to go the advanced logic route. Reach out to our support team for any help.
The Billing Run 360° Page
The Billing Run 360° page has all of the relevant information about the run. From here, you can clone, execute, or cancel a run.
At the top of the page, you can easily see the pre-processing date and the status of the run. In the tabs below, you can see the Details, Statistics, and Actions on the run.
Execute a Billing Run
- Take a look at the information in the Statistics tab for a high-level look at your billing run. From here, you can see statistics for each action by status.
- See which items will be included in the run under the Actions tab. You can choose to review the entire list or use the available filters to search by a specific item, action, or status.
- Error Status: If Rhythm identifies any error that would prevent an item from completing an action, the platform will notify you in the Status column. Hover over the error to determine the cause of the issue so that you can correct it before executing the run.
- Exclude / Include: If you want to exclude a specific item, you may do so by clicking the actionable text in the far-right column. If the exclusion was made in error, you can always choose to include them later.
Helpful Hint: You will not be able to exclude an item once a billing run has been executed, so be sure to review the list carefully.
- Once you have corrected any errors and made any necessary exclusions, refresh the billing run by clicking the green Refresh button at the top of the page.
- Review the information under the Statistics tab one more time to make sure all of the information looks right.
- Once it does, click the blue Run Now button.
If for any reason you decide you don't want to execute a billing run, simply click the red Cancel Run button at the top of the page.
Helpful Hint: You will not be able to cancel a billing run once it has been executed.
If you want to make a similar run in the future, click the Clone button at the top of the page. This will bring you back to the billing run editor with all of the previous settings pre-selected. From there, you can make any necessary adjustments.