Use queries to pull lists of records based on criteria. Once you understand the filtering options, you can set criteria to build lists that help you achieve your goals.
DESIGNING A NEW QUERY WITH CRITERIA
- To begin, navigate to Queries using the left toolbar
- Click the New Query button in the top-right corner
- Select the Query Type. Once you have selected your option, click Continue.
Helpful Hint: Every Rhythm app includes relevant query types that will help you get started. These types pre-populate the query with data we think you might need, but you can always add other fields as necessary.
- On the query designer page, click Edit Criteria and a window will appear.
- In the criteria window, select the fields that you want as part of your filter.
Add groupings if you would like to further specify conditions. You can set parameters that will evaluate between:
All the following are true
Any of the following is true
Helpful Hint: All will require that the records meet each of the parameters within the criteria. Any will require that at least one parameter is met within the criteria.
It will look something like this:
- Once you have specified your Query Criteria, click Save Changes.
- Now, your criteria will be displayed in the query designer.
MANAGING OUTPUT FIELDS
- In the query designer, you can search for Output Fields.
- When you select a field, it will get added to the list and show in the query result preview.
- You can also choose output fields through the Field Browser by referring to the toolbar on the left. The Field Browser is an expanded version of Output Fields that enables you to quickly filter and transfer over output fields.
Helpful Hint: You can select multiple fields in the Field Browser by holding down Ctrl (Cmd for MacOs) while selecting each one.
- To reorder the selected fields, drag the field to your preferred spot. This will also update the results preview.
- Use the Sort By function to organize your data even further. Setting the order in ascending or descending, you will see the sorting reflected in the graph.
- Once you have designed your query, you can now execute it by clicking Run.
- You can use the Filter to narrow down information in the results and drill down on a particular record you may be searching for.
- You can also click the Expand Icon to pull up a particular Contact or Organization’s Page.
- To export a query, click the Options button and select from the following output formats:
- Excel (formatted)
- Excel (unformatted)