Events App Overview
Rhythm’s Events App has configuration separated out at the app level and within each event. App level configuration can be associated with any event. Event level configuration is applicable to that event only.
Event App Configuration
At the app level, you can click setup from the left navigation to configure:
- Event Types - different categories that can be assigned to an Event during creation
- Registration Configuration
- Deadlines - ability to set the different deadline names that you use across events (eg. Pre-registration, Early Bird, Late etc).
- Forms - ability to set the different registration forms that you use for your events. Forms dictate what options are available when completing a registration.
- Custom Fields - use this to create fields that you will use to capture registration specific information
Note - fields need to be add to a form, using the Field Group component.
- Waitlist Process - this allows you to manage settings associated with allowing waitlists on an event.
Note - this is required when you enable wait listing on an even
- Add-Ons - any merchandise that you want to offer on an event
Note - the Registration Add-Ons component needs to be added to the registration form.
- Session Configuration
- Speaker Types
- Session Types
- Registration Fields - allows you to configure custom fields that can be prompted when a registrant is adding a session to their registration
Note - when creating/editing a session, you will have the ability to enable and select the fields that you want to add.
- Function Types
- Ticket Fields - allows you to configure custom fields that can be prompted when a registrant is adding function tickets to their registration.
Note - when creating/editing a function, you will have the ability to enable and select the fields that you want to add.
Event Specific Setup
From the Meetings and Events overview, you can create a new event or search for an existing event.
When creating an event, you will be prompted to set the following:
- Event Name
- Masthead Image
- Event URL - This can be set automatically when the the microsite is generated
- Event Location
- Event Dates
- Capacity/Waitlist Management - You can set a capacity and enable wait listing. When a waitlist is enabled, you will be required to select a process (configured under the app setup).
When viewing an event, you can click Setup to manage the event specific configurations:
- Event Details - allows you to edit the information associated with the event.
- Registrations - this allows you to manage all of the pieces associated with collecting event registrations. When managing a new event, it is best to complete in the following order:
- Settings - you can select the registration deadlines that you will use for the event
- Processes - you can create one or more processes that have the following settings:
- Registration Open/Close Dates
- The Associated Registration Form
- Guest Registration options
- Show The Contact Form
- Show The Organization Form
- Enable Confirmation Email
- Override Checkout Settings
Note - One registration process is required to accept registrations. You would especially want to create multiple in the cases where you have the following:
- Different confirmation emails for different types of registrations
- Different open / close dates for different types of registrations
- Different forms for different types of registrations
- Types - Registration Types are the categories that you allow a registrant to select, which may have multiple price points (eg. Virtual, In Person, Full conference, One Day etc).
- Packages - Registration Packages are the price points associated with registration. Here, you can set the prices for all deadlines associated with that particular registration fee. This is also where you can set special pricing, which will allow you to set rules that dictate the price based on attributes associated with the registrants profile. You can also set purchase eligibility, if that package should only be available to a specific subset of contacts.
- Add-Ons - you can create Add-On products for any misc items that you want to offer during the registration process
- Session Tracks - jf the event has sessions and you want to associate them with tracks, you can configure the tracks here.
Sessions, Functions and Speakers
- Sessions - When viewing an event, you can click on Sessions in the left navigation to view / search for sessions associated with that event. You can click Create Session to add a new session. Sessions, by default, do not have fees associated with them unless you check the “This session has fees associated with it” box. In this case, you can add a fee to the session after creation (Session 360 Screen)
- Functions (Ticketed) - When viewing an event, you can click on Functions in the left navigation to view / search for sessions associated with that event. Functions differ from sessions as they allow a registrant to add multiple tickets to that function when registering for the event.
You can click Create Function to add a new function. Once you have created the function, you will have the ability to add the ticket fees on the Function 360 screen.
Speakers - When viewing an event, you can click on Speakers in the left navigation to view / search for speakers associated with that event. You can click Create Speaker to add a new speaker on the event.
Speakers can be linked to a session when you are creating or editing a session.