Installment plans allow your members to spread the cost of their membership over time. This is a great option when:
- You want to eliminate the barrier for student members who aren't financially able to pay for their membership upfront
- Corporate members want to break up significant commitments to your association over time
- Lifetime members who would rather make payments in intervals
- Any time you want to provide economic relief to your members
Once you have configured your installment plans in the Financial + Billing app, you can apply them to Membership Packages.
- Navigate to the Membership + Committees app.
- In the left toolbar, select Setup, then Offerings, and then Packages.
- Click the Create Membership Package button to create a new package or click the pencil icon to edit an existing package.
- Scroll down to the Installment Plans section and click the enable button.
- Select which installment plans should be available for this package. You can choose multiple
- Click the Make Default Option button to set an installment plan as the default payment setting. If you do not set a specific installment plan as the default, then the member will be prompted to pay for their entire purchase upfront unless they select an installment plan on their own.
- Optionally, you can choose to charge an additional fee when someone pays in installments.
- Once everything is set, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.