In Rhythm, your association’s prospective members will have the ability to self-serve and apply for membership using the Rhythm portal. However, a member of your association's staff may need to process an application from the Rhythm console as well. Processing a membership application in the console is a great option when:
- A prospective member calls your office and asks staff for help
- An attendee at your annual conference wants to become a member while onsite
- Your association is exhibiting at a conference and someone wants to join on the spot
- You prefer to process all member applications on the back-end
- You thought of something we haven't 😉
Note: It is critical for your staff to follow this process from the console so that the membership is processed successfully. If the membership application is not processed properly in the console, then your association could potentially lose revenue or your member could have the incorrect expiration date on a membership.
Note: This is different than creating a membership in the console. The Manual Membership Creation process is useful when you want to override configured eligibility requirements or don't need any associated financials with the membership. This process will not take you through the application form nor offer you the option to process a payment.
If Creating a Membership is the exception, Processing a Membership Application is the rule.
How to Process a Membership Application in the Console
- Access the Membership & Committees application and navigate to the Applications tab
- Select Create New Application
- Select the Contact or Organization applying for a membership
Helpful Hint: Your staff can create contacts and organizations that do not have a record in Rhythm during this process as well with our Quick Add feature
- Select the Membership Package they would like to apply for
- Confirm the Order Details and Review the membership application order
- Finally, Process the membership application order