Build engaging email marketing campaigns with the Rhythm + Campaign Monitor integration.
Note: Rhythm's query engine powers this integration. To learn more about query management, check out these knowledge base articles.
Configuring the Integration
- Log into Rhythm and navigate to Security & Settings > Integration > Campaign Monitor (under the Marketing Automation section).
- Click “Create Campaign Monitor Account” located at the top right.
- You will be redirected to Campaign Monitor, use your Campaign Monitor credentials to complete the integration setup.
Helpful hint: If you have multiple accounts, they will all be listed. Just select the account you would like to use.
Using the Integration
- Now that we have our Campaign Monitor account setup, we can begin to integrate our saved queries.
- If you would like to integrate an existing query, ensure the query has the email field present in the results. Otherwise, you can start by creating a new query.
Helpful hint: You cannot integrate private queries. Ensure the query you are using or creating is public.
- If you're using an existing query, click the dropdown menu to the right of the query and select Integrate.
- When the query integrations pop-up is displayed, you can give your list a name of your choice or keep the default. If this list is a suppression list, check the box. Finally, check the box for your Campaign Monitor account and click Save Changes.
- Start by selecting New Query in the top-right corner. Once completed run your query to ensure the results are correct. Name the query and click Save Changes.
- Once the query is saved, it should show on your list of saved queries. You can follow the steps above under “Existing Query” to begin the email integration. You can also click on the query name from the saved query menu, select options, and click Integrate to complete the email integration.
View Email Integrations
- Select Queries from the left side menu pane.
- Select Integrated Queries from the query menu.
- Once loaded, you will see all of your integrated email queries that are being synced.
- Clicking on the name will open the query in the query designer. You can modify this query and update the fields if you choose. Remember to save any changes once completed.
- If you click the green pencil to the far right of the query name, you will be presented with a pop-up allowing you to change the name. You can also update the query to be a suppression list or uncheck the account to stop this list from being synced. Ensure you save changes.
- Lastly, the red trash can will delete this email integration and stop it from being synced to Campaign Monitor.
Helpful hint: When deleting a list from the Rhythm console, you will need to manually delete the list from Campaign Monitor. The same is true when editing a list name, Rhythm will create a new list and the old list will need to be deleted manually from the Campaign Monitor Console.